Friday, October 22, 2010

Pizza Pizza Pizza!

I am a huge pizza fan and would seriously eat it day and night if I could!!
We have it once a week or so and there are never left overs!

Sometimes I make my own dough and sometimes I get the pre-made stuff from Trader Joes.

I always make my own sauce, I think it tastes better. It's super easy, a few tablespoons of olive oil and a couple minced garlic cloves, saute until bubbling and then add a can of crushed tomatoes and what ever seasonings you like. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 min.  

We use Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella "cheese".  I add the cheese closer to the top of the pizza with the main part of the toppings underneath it. The trick to get it to melt good is to blast it with the broiler for a few minutes after it's done cooking.

  Here are some of our favorites!
Tofukey Italian Sausage, Black Olives, Mushrooms



Roasted Veggies and Potatoes, Topped with Fresh Basil
(Season and roast what ever veggies you want in the oven at about 350 for 30-40 min. Cook pizza separately, add sauce and veggies right before serving)


Boca Meatless Crumbles, Black Olives, Mushrooms and Vegan Cheese


Red Onion, Black Olives, Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper, Artichoke Hearts and Vegan Cheese


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment