Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas!

The last 3 years we have been in Wisconsin and were unable to spend the holidays with family. This year we were thrilled to be able to go to my parents house for their annual Christmas Eve celebration!

Friends and family!


My wonderful friend Kim! We have been friends for 31 years and have been spending Christmas Eve together at my parents for at least 20 years.


Jamaica and Kim! We have all spent Christmas together since we were in High School. I feel so blessed to have these amazing women in my life! Due to Kim and I moving away this is the first time in 5 years that we were all here at Christmas together!


Our little family!


Our tree at home! We went with a fake one this year for a few different reasons. The space we have is small, the cost of buying a tree every year and the simple fact that we are cutting down a perfectly good tree to stick inside our house. I did struggle with the fact that this tree is most likely made of toxic material and will one day be sitting in a landfill (we would donate it if we were ever to get rid of it). I grew up with a living one, and that would be a good option, but since we move around so much that might not be something that we can do until we are out of the military. I don't know what the answer is....this is the first year we are really thinking about it and looking to make a change.

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment